Cases Where J. Timothy Cerney Achieved Successful Results for His Clients
• Obtained judgments in favor of a defendant ink manufacturer of benzene products had liability claims in state courts seeking an excess of $20,000,000. Several plaintiffs had wrongful death or serious illness claims.
• Achieved a federal court settlement, which exceeded $1,000,000, for a plaintiff in a wrongful death case during a commercial airline disaster.
• Obtained judgments during an unprecedented insurance coverage case on behalf of an insurer during a federal court declaratory judgment suit, ruling under Illinois law.
• Won a not-guilty verdict in a state court jury trial for a defending racetrack business with a serious personal injury claim.
• Obtained judgment in favor of a defendant health club in a suit brought by a plaintiff, who was an attorney, seriously injured in a fall on ice accumulating on the premises due to a defective drainage system.
• Successfully defended an architect in a state court professional malpractice and fraud case, which resulted in the plaintiff's dismissing all of their claims before trial, with no recovery.
• Favorably settled 47 asbestos-related injury claims on behalf of a defendant piping supply distributor for a minimal sum of less than $400 per case.
• Obtaining judgment in a state court suit on behalf of an insurer determining that the insurer had no duty to defend or pay workers compensation claims despite the insurer's defective statutorily required notice of termination of its insurance policy, which saved the insurer several million dollars on pending claims.